Aman is a Senior Associate in RMI’s electricity practice where he supports work on the Electricity Innovation Lab (eLab). He joined RMI in October 2014.
Previously, Aman has worked in consulting and academic organizations on numerous assignments spanning economic and policy aspects of renewable energy, wholesale power markets, natural gas, and climate change including:
- Economic and financial modeling;
- Market assessments and feasibility analysis;
- Policy and regulatory analysis;
- Forward power price and dispatch analysis.
Through his 5+ years of experience at organizations including ICF International, Gade Environmental Group and the RDCEP Center at the University of Chicago, Aman has worked in diverse geographies spanning North America, South Asia and Europe.
- Master of Public Policy, Chicago Harris - University of Chicago, 2013
- Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Processes and Automation Engineering, NSIT - University of Delhi, 2008
- Bishal Thapa and Aman Chitkara. “Developing Inclusive Growth Strategy for Busineses”. Confederation of Indian Industries - Sustainabilty Tomorow. 15 – 19, 2010.
- Chitkara, Aman. "Carbon Market Review." In In 2012 and Beyond. New Delhi: ICF International and FICCI, 2010.
- Robert Rosner and Aman Chitkara, “Greenhouse Gas Emission Consequences of the U.S. Nuclear Power Fleet Decline”, 2013.
- Aman Chitkara, Donald J. Wuebbles and Clay Matheny "Potential Effects of Climate Change on Global Security", 2014.