Lily Donge is a Principal with RMI’s electricity practice, where she leads the Business Renewables Center. Lily focuses on accelerating the market for corporate renewable energy. She is exploring new markets for the rapid uptake of renewable energy and developing tools and products for corporate leaders to purchase renewable energy. Lily joined RMI in December 2014.
Lily comes to RMI with over 17 years experience in sustainability and cleantech investment. Before coming to RMI, Lily led Ernst & Young’s Cleantech knowledge management, where she developed thought leadership and strategy. She previously worked at Calvert Investments, where she managed the environment and climate change team. She has helped launch and manage Calvert’s Sustainability Index, Global Alternative Energy Fund, the Global Water Fund, and the first green bond fund strategy. Lily has covered utilities, alternative energy, and water sectors. She has also worked at the World Resources Institute and in investment services at Donaldson, Lufkin, & Jenrette.
- Yale School of Management, Masters in Public and Private Management
- Yale Graduate School, Masters in Development Economics
- Claremont McKenna College, Bachelors of Arts, Economics and International Relations
- Alliance for Green Heat
- Roberts Environmental Center
Select Publications, Presentations & Articles
- “From boiler room to boardroom: optimizing the corporate energy mix,” Ernst & Young, 2014.
- Utilities Power Up Green Initiatives, Financial Advisor Magazine, June 2, 2010.
- Peak Oil: Investing Beyond Oil & Gas, ASPO-USA, 2010.
- “Unparalleled Challenge and Opportunity in Water,” Calvert Investments. 2009 and 2010.
- “Bringing Alternative Energy into Focus,” 2010 and “Perspectives: A Bright Future for Alternative Energy,” 2009. Calvert Investments.