Engineer by education, trained in operations and drilled in business acumen at McKinsey & Company. Built the very first ‘McKinsey Marginal Abatement Cost Curve’ in 2005 and spent following 8 years building what would become a full scale Practice (business area) around Sustainability and Resource Productivity. Broad cross-sector insight in Energy and Climate related opportunities and extensive experience from on-site work with industrial facilities to improve productivity of energy, carbon and other resources, through 100+ site visits globally.
Prior to joining RMI, I have spent the majority of professional career at McKinsey & Company, where I have launched and built up the Sustainability Practice together with a small core leadership team, through entrepreneurial leadership and by spearheading new methodologies and developing expertise. My expertise has been built together with clients, applied to specific industrial facilities. The primary focus of my work has been on energy intensive industry, metal processing and mining in particular.
Examples of relevant projects:
- Metal processing clean sheet redesign - Europe
- Integrated Energy Strategy program (sourcing, operations, system design) – Europe
- Yield optimization of chemical plant – Middle East
- Big Data-based optimization of mineral processing plant – Central Africa
- Establishment of annual sustainability conference for 10 top global mining companies
- Numerous on-site energy efficiency diagnostics of industrial manufacturing sites (e.g., steel, cement, chemicals and pharma, dairy)
Selected roles as senior advisor to large sustainability strategies:
- Sustainability Strategy for Kazakhstan
- Energy Strategy for Singapore
- MSc in Engineering Physics, 2003, Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm
- Russian Language and Culture, 2001, State University of St Petersburg
- L3 qualifications in Resource Productive Operations at McKinsey & Company
- Member of McKinsey & Company and Royal Institute of Technology Alumni Networks.
SELECT PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- McKinsey ‘Marginal Abatement Cost Curves’, global and national perspectives
- Global Mining Summit on Energy and Climate, arranged in 2008 and 2010
- Key Note Speaker at NEES in Singapore 2012 and 2013
- Co-Editor of “Vårt Klimat”, Klas Ekström (Senior Economist at SEB and member of the EU Commission’s Group for Economic Policy Analysis)