Tom started at RMI on January 25, 2015 as a Principal for the Project Management Office. He has a background in project management, performance management and process improvement as well as a broad understanding and passion for clean energy. Tom most recently worked at the National Renewable Laboratory as a Senior Manager in Performance Management and volunteer for the Colorado Renewable Energy Society and the Office of Economic Development.
Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency – Established a broad understanding of electricity generation and energy efficiency technologies as well as strategic renewable energy deployment and policy challenges.
Performance Management – Manage performance metrics life cycle including identifying the proper operational leading and lagging measures, collecting required data, displaying the resulting key performance indicators and training metrics owners to maintain system while ensuring value for the enterprise.
Project Management and Process Improvement – Manage process, system and change projects, program training and mentoring in the tools and methods for measurable and sustainable changes to ensure increased efficiency and effectiveness in operations.
- MBA; Regis University, Denver, CO
- BS in Business Administration; University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY
- Sustainable Building and System Certificate, University of Colorado
- Professional Certificate in Renewable and Sustainable Energy, University of Colorado
- Lean Practitioner Qualified
- Balanced Scorecard - Kaplan-Norton certified
- Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB) certified
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- Colorado Renewable Energy Society-Boulder County Chapter, Boulder, CO - Steering Committee
- Project Management Institute, Mile Hi Chapter – PMP Certified
SELECT PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- 2013 - Benefits of Renewable Portfolio Standards in the US
- 2013 - Renewable Energy for the Wind River Indian Reservation